MSPC Rules 1969 - Chapter XI
REGISTRAR AND MANAGEMENT OF OFFICE
75. Registrar - The post of the Registrar shall be of a permanent tenure. To be eligible for appointment to that post, a candidate must possess a degree either Pharmacy or Science of a University established by law and must have adequate administrative experience. Preference will be given to a candidate possessing a degree in Pharmacy. Possession of a degree in Law of a University established by law shall be considered as an additional qualification. In the case of new appointment there shall be a probationary period of one year. The Registrar shall be full-time officer of the Council.
76. Duties of Registrar -
- The Registrar shall keep the Pharmacy Register in accordance with the provisions of the Act and these rules.
- The Registrar shall be present at every meeting of the Council and of the Executive Committee and shall take minutes at such meetings.
- The Registrar shall act as Secretary of the Council, shall conduct and have charge of the correspondence of the council, and shall issue all requisite notice in the manner required under these rules.
- The Registrar shall fulfill all the duties that may required by him by the Act and these rules.
77. Office hours and leave to Registrar - Public holidays excepted the office of the Registrar shall be kept open during the days when State Government offices are kept open. The Registrar shall not absent himself from duties except with the permission from the President. The President shall grant leave to the Registrar in accordance with the principles laid down in the Bombay Civil Services Rules, 1959.
78. Power of Registrar -
- The Registrar may obtain whatever temporary additional assistance that may be required by him, with the previous sanction of the President.
- The Registrar shall have the general control of the management of the office, authority over the treasurer, clerks and other servants.
79. Duties of clerks - The duties of the clerks shall be such as may be assigned to them by the Registrar, under the direction of the President.